New Teen Reads

We got a new shipment of Teen books the other day, here are some standouts.


In the name of God by Paula Jolin

"I slid out of my 'manteau' and attached the heavy case around my waist, aligned the thin wire up my side, ran it down the length of my arm. Secured it into place around my wriist. Heavy, it jingled when I moved.
"Don't worry," he said. "It can't go off by accident. You have to press this lever."
I nodded. I pushed my awkward, frightened arms back inside my sleeves and secured my 'manteau' over my shoulders. I buttoned it all the way to the top.
"Are you ready?"
"I'm ready."

Let sleeping dogs lie by Mirjam Pressler


After a school trip to Israel, Johanna discover's that her German grandfather acquired a clothing store during the Nazi regime according to the anti-Semitic laws of the Third Reich rather than starting it himself as her family has always stated. She struggles with whether to keep silent or to question her family's history.




Harry Houdini sunk into a huge tank of water. Hands and feet handcuffed together. A curtain surrounded the tank. A minute or two later, Houdini finally floats to the top...without his shackles! How did he do it? This graphic novel reveals his secret.






A modern retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" from the point of view of the Beast, a vain Manhattan private school student who is turned into a monster and must find true love before he can return to his human form.





My swordhand is singing by Marcus Sedgwick.

When Tomas and his son, Peter, settle in Chust as woodcutters, Tomas digs a channel around their hut so they have their own little island kingdom. Peter doesn't understand why his father has done this, nor why his father carries a long, battered box. When the dead of Chust rise from their graves, both father and son must face a soulless enemy and a terrifying destiny.